Denver Garbage Disposals
Get Your Free Estimate
Denver Garbage Disposals
Colby Plumbing serves residential and commercial customers throughout Denver, CO, with a complete lineup of plumbing services, including garbage disposal repair. When used appropriately, your garbage disposal can be a reliable kitchen feature that makes cleaning up after meals a breeze. However, when something goes wrong, you need a professional to troubleshoot the issue and make the necessary repair.
Colby Plumbing features highly trained technicians who have years of experience. Our plumbers are certified and have the expertise needed to fix any type of garbage disposal system. If you notice that your garbage disposal is making unusual noises or isn’t functioning properly, you can contact the pros at Colby Plumbing to make any needed repairs. If you need a residential or commercial garbage disposal installed or replaced, we offer those services too—and all for fair pricing! Contact Denver garbage disposals expert today.
Professional Garbage Disposal Repair
If your garbage disposal stops functioning properly, it’s important to have it checked out by an expert. The plumbers of Colby Plumbing routinely service residential and commercial-grade garbage disposals all over Denver. We bring everything needed to service your garbage disposal. Often, we can make the needed repair quickly. We always advise our customers to avoid feeding their garbage disposals certain items in order to keep them operating at their best. It’s never a good ideal to introduce these items into your garbage disposal:
- Oils, fats, lard, grease
- Pulpy items like wood shavings or paper
- Fibrous foods like banana peels
- Peach or plum pits
- Apple seeds
- Coffee grounds
- Uncooked carrots
- Stringy or hard vegetables
- Coconut shells
- Pineapple shoots
These and some other types of food and materials can damage your garbage disposal. Serious damage may require a new garbage disposal. If you do need your old model replaced, we can provide you with that service. First, we’ll do all we can to keep your current garbage disposal functioning optimally. Contact Denver garbage disposals expert today.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair or Replacement
There are various signs that should tell you that all is not well with your garbage disposal. If you experience any of the following, we suggest that you contact us to inspect and service your garbage disposal. Common signs of a needed garbage disposal repair or replacement include:
- The appliance will not turn on even after you hit its reset button.
- Water is leaking from your garbage disposal
- The garbage disposal jams with each use
- The appliance makes loud, unusual sounds like metal scraping against metal when you use it
- The garbage disposal emits foul odors
- The garbage disposal takes longer to grind and flush food waste than in the past
If you experience any of these issues, you need to have your garbage disposal examined. Our technicians have the know-how and training to troubleshoot any commercial or residential garbage disposal unit. They can quickly get to the root of the problem and recommend a solution. They typically bring along commonly needed parts so that they can make same-day repairs on the spot. Also, they will not attempt to fix your unit until you are informed and agree to the cost and repair.
Garbage Disposal Replacement
Like all appliances, even a well-cared for garbage disposal can wear out after years of use. Although some do-it-yourselfers may wish to tackle the job, it’s always a wise idea to hire a professional plumber to install your new garbage disposal. An incorrect installation can damage your new appliance. To ensure that your new garbage disposal is installed right, call Colby Plumbing. We can install any commercial or residential garbage disposal for our Denver, CO customer base. We can also help you choose the ideal make / model that’s ideal for your setting. We have experience providing maintenance and installation services for thousands of garbage disposals in and around the city. You can trust us to expertly install your new garbage disposal so that it functions as it should.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
After we repair or install your new garbage disposal unit, it’s important to follow some general maintenance tips to keep your appliance in best working condition. By operating your garbage disposal in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and some general tips, you can help prevent clogs and many types of commonly needed repairs. To prevent problems like foul odors and clogs, you should:
- Run cold water while operating your garbage disposal to keep its engine cool
- Continue to leave the unit on until it has consumed all the food scraps
- After you’ve finished using your disposal, turn on the hot water to wash away any food residue that could be lingering.
- Add a few drops of dishwasher liquid to your garbage disposal each week and flush it with hot water to help deodorize it and keep it clean. This will help to prevent odors.
- Treat stubborn odors with lemon peels. Add some lemon peels to your garbage disposal and run it with cold water. Afterward, wait about twenty minutes; then, flush the unit with hot water. Lemon has natural sanitizing properties.
- If you think you might have stubborn sludge clinging to your garbage disposal, you can add a cup of rock salt to the appliance and then turn it on along with the cold water. This should help break up the sludge so that it can be washed away.
Other Helpful Tips to Keep Your Garbage Disposal Working Optimally
Having repaired so many garbage disposals over the years, we’ve naturally become experts when it comes to their care and maintenance. Here are a few more tips we’d like to share to help you keep your appliance in top-functioning condition:
- Always turn on your cold water before you turn on your garbage disposal. Continue to run it for about ten seconds after you turn it off. This will ensure that the food particles wash completely away.
- To keep your garbage disposal’s grinding parts clean, you can add a very small amount of ice to the unit upon occasion. Take care to put in your drain stopper to prevent any ice particles from flying out.
- Don’t overfeed your garbage disposal all at once. Take time to portion out the scraps to avoid jamming the blades of the unit or causing an unwanted clog.
- Use a garbage disposal cleaner upon occasion to help eliminate grease or fat that may have gotten into your unit. Though more expensive than lemons, this cleaner can also help prevent foul odors. Before using any cleaner, you should check with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Do not use harsh chemicals if you suspect a clog. These chemicals can damage your appliance.
- Keep your instructions and warranty where you can find them.
About Our Plumbers
Colby Plumbing always screens our new hires to make sure they meet our high standards. Our technicians have the certification and training to deliver our professional plumbing services for our Denver residential and commercial customers. Aside from garbage disposal repair, we also provide all other common plumbing services such as leaky pipes, pipe replacement, gas line repair, water heater installation, dishwasher repair, sewer line cleanout, drain cleaning, and more. When you need a plumbing repair or emergency plumbing service, you can rely on Colby Plumbing for help.
Colby Plumbing features affordable rates for our commercial and residential plumbing services including garbage disposal repair. After inspecting your unit, we’ll let you know what’s happening and why a repair or replacement may be needed. We believe in charging fair, up-front costs. We don’t over-charge and we always strive to deliver the best-possible service. Our plumbing professionals take pride in the workmanship. You can consult with them about any type of plumbing issue and they’ll provide you with their honest evaluation.
If you need your garbage disposal unit inspected or repaired, call to schedule a service call with Colby Plumbing. Our plumbers work in and around Denver, serving both residential and commercial customers. They’ll bring all the needed tools and equipment to service your appliance. If you need a new one, they’ll be able to recommend the best models and manufacturers for you to consider.